
On August 27th, 2006 I had planned the day for us. After Tom got off work, we both headed up to Taylor's Falls for a canoe trip down the St. Croix River. It was such a perfect day, the weather, the scenery, the company, everything was beautiful. Well, since I had planned the day, Tom knew that it would be the perfect place for him to throw a little "surprise" of his own. As we were paddling down the river, Tom pulled over to a cliff and asked if I would want to go cliff jumping. I was excited but I needed Tom to check the depth of the river before I decided to take my plunge. He was a little apprehensive to dive down to the deeps as my little engagement ring was tied on the string of his swim shorts. He did it anyway and I was clueless. As we got to the top of the cliff, Tom was a little out of breath from what I thought was diving down to far but now looking back I know was probably nerves. He said before we jumped off he just wanted to rest and enjoy the beauty. It was absolutely beautiful. We sat there with our arms around each other when Tom started telling me how much he loved me and cared about me. It was then that he got down and one knee and proposed! I was absolutely shocked and absolutely pleased! I immediately said "Yes!!!". Afterwards, we held hands and jumped off the cliff together. We like to think we took a "Leap of the Faith" or that we "Jumped into our future" together. Whatever we call it, it was the best decision we've made!
A year later on August 27th, 2007 we took another trip down the river to remember great times!

3 comments:
I love your blog! I love your story. . . And, I love you guys!
I just found your blog off of Becki's! So fun!!! Welcome to the blogging world, Katie. It'll be fun to peek into your lives every once in a while. Glad we got to see you guys over the 4th! Love you!
Geesh, Tom looks just like Jeremy in the picture overlooking the golf course...thinner version that is.
Post a Comment